|Duration: 2 hours 30 mins||Price: £239 + VAT, €269 / $319|
At the end of March of this year, the new labour reform which was approved on December 30th 2021 will come into full effect. This reform modified significant aspects of the employment legislation in force since 2012 and affects various areas of the labour market. Employment Law Spain Update covers the key points of this reform:
- In order to avoid the use of temporary employment contracts, the latest labour reform prioritizes contracts of an indefinite nature. As a result, the execution of fixed-term contracts has been further restricted and their execution is now only admitted in certain specific situations. Learn more about the circumstances in which temporary contracts can now be used.
- Amongst the most relevant developments included in the 2022 labour reform is the enhancement of the figure of seasonal contracts. Seasonal employees now have similar protection than indefinite employees, including severance pay in case of dismissal. Find out more about these new standards.
- The labour reform establishes criteria that simplify the procedures so that companies can benefit from furloughs (ERTEs). Learn the most significant aspects about the new application of this mechanism.
- One of the most important issues addressed by the reform is the new prevalence and ultra activity rules of collective bargaining agreements. Know what these new standards are.
Additionally, and not in relation to the labour reform, the following topics will be covered:
- Since January 1st of this year, there has been an increase in the sanctions applicable in the social order. Stay up to date on what is the value of these new fines and which situations may give rise to these type of sanctions.
- March 7th was the deadline for companies comprised of 50 or more employees to negotiate and implement their equality plans. Learn more about what these plans are and what obligations apply to you.
Book this seminar
|Duration: 2 hours 30 mins | Price: £239 + VAT, €269 / $319
To pay in another currency, please contact us on +44 (0) 20 7549 2549 or email@example.com
Daniel Cifuentes - Pérez-Llorca
Daniel Cifuentes has extensive professional experience in employment law and is considered to be one of the top lawyers in Spain in this practice area. In 2014 he joined Pérez-Llorca as partner of the employment practice, after a number of years working at prestigious Spanish and international firms.