|Duration: Three Days (12-3pm)||Price: £899 + VAT / €1,190 /$1,190|
If your company has employees based in the US it is vital that you learn the fundamentals of US employment law. Equally important is to remain up to speed on the many important and recent legislative changes, including the new Pay Equity Laws, which have a direct impact on recruitment practices.
This interactive course on US labour law, led by Adam Forman and Michael Mankes from top US law firm Littler Mendelson, provides a comprehensive and compelling overview of US employment law.
With a multitude of federal and state laws governing the workplace in the US, managing employees based there offers many traps for the unwary. What’s more, this is proving to be a dynamic and historic time for US employment legislation.
What will I learn?
- Gain a clear understanding of key labour law issues in the USA
- Take away a working knowledge of US employment law and its practical application to real life scenarios
- Access up-to-date key information from US lawyers
- Be better equipped to advise senior colleagues on vital aspects of US labour law and best practice
- Gain an appreciation of the risks of litigation
- Understand how practices relating to employee benefits and employment contracts may impact employee relations
- Acquire a good grounding in the recently enacted Pay Equity Laws
- Employee Handbook Review exercise - one handbook submitted by a seminar participant will be chosen at random for live review by our expert facilitators
If you would like to attend this course, please call +44 (0)20 7549 2549 or email email@example.com. We offer a discount when multiple bookings are made at the same time - please ask for details.
Adam Forman - Littler Mendelson
I advise and represent employers in the USA in a broad range of employment law matters, including discrimination, harassment and wrongful discharge litigation; non-competition and trade secret litigation; the drafting of employment related documents such as employment agreements and personnel policies; and litigation avoidance training.
Prior to joining Littler Mendelson in 2005, I served as the Chair of the Labor and Employment Practice group of Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault, LLP. I have been recognised as one of the leading employment attorneys in Massachusetts by Chambers USA, the Guide to the World's Leading Labor and Employment Lawyers and Boston Magazine. I am regularly invited to speak on matters relating to employment law and have written for a variety of publications, including CCM: The American Lawyer's Corporate Counsel Magazine, the National Law Journal and the Venture Capital Review.
I am a member of the American Bar Association, the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association. I am admitted to practise before the State and Federal courts in Massachusetts and Pennsylvania.
Michael Mankes - Littler Mendelson
I advise and defend employers in a broad array of employment and labour law. Particular areas of expertise include the representation of employers with respect to wrongful termination, federal and state discrimination and harassment claims. I also work closely with employers on litigation prevention measures and legal compliance, including compliance with state and federal leave, disability law, and wage and hour matters.